Re-proposal: web forums

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Sun Apr 23 04:59:50 CDT 2006

Jeremy Newman wrote:
> Currently the WineHQ server really does not have much space left over.
> Alexandre and I have had a few issues with the box running out of hard
> drive space.
To be honest if i would be you i wouldn't want to have the forum on the
WineHQ server. The forum softwares are know for anything else but
security. Forum software is a very good reason to use SELinux; it can
save ones a...

> We need to know if this is really needed. Is providing a forum really
> better than: a good FAQ in the Wiki, the forums in the AppDB, Bugzilla,
> the mailing lists, and finally IRC? We already provide quite a few
> levels of help.
>
> The other issue I have is that just adding a forum, is yet another
> login/password for users to have. What I don't like about the WineHQ
You missed the "single sign on" buzzword ;)

bye
	michael

> website is that the AppDB and Bugzilla do not share a common login
> system. Adding a bboard just adds more to this problem.
>
> Now, I do not see a reason why the AppDB guys could not use the already
> written forum in the AppDB to create a not tied to an app forum. Follow
> me?
>
> On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 14:39 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
>
>>Running phpBB or some similar type web forum software, with official links
>>and so on from WineHQ. Newman, what do you think, do we have server
>>capacity to do this? Do you have time to set it up?

Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart