PROT_EXEC mmap/mprotect, i386 PAE + NX broken, x86-64 2.6.17-rc2

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at
Sun Apr 23 10:35:23 CDT 2006

On 4/22/06, Alistair John Strachan <s0348365 at> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 18:38, Jesse Allen wrote:
> [snip]
> > It has MEM_EXECUTE correctly set. I think that loader should be
> > considered buggy.
> This executable works on Windows, therefore it should work in Wine. It's
> really that simple. If Windows doesn't enforce DEP/NX, neither should Wine.
> Or, at the very least, it should be configurable.

What about x86-64 versions of Windows? I think it allows you to turn
it on and off, but we should find out. I still think the modified
executable is buggy, but if Windows does it, we could do it too.