wine through e-mail/forum/faq

Francesco Pietra frapietra at alice.it
Sun Apr 23 11:16:56 CDT 2006

Thanks for answering. I also lack any personal chemdraw, the installation is
in the institution. therefore i never tried with wine because there is no
linux there. i have already got something non-linux running on debian at
home.

another opportunity has emerged: a free chemical drawing program that
exchanges files with chemdraw according to my trials today with simple files.
once i am finished with tests for the viceversa exchange and for complex
files, it will be worth while to try running this free program on wine. may
be you can help, it would be great from my viewpoint.

the problem is the time: i use debian testing 32 on the pc and suddendly it
does not print any more: client-error. although the error suggested end
failure, i uninstalled all cups and gs-esp and reinstalled all. same error.
non-professioanl administrators like me easily forget the specific howto
(some minor detail in this case but enough to prevent printing) and loose a
lot of time in doing everything ab initio.

regards
francesco