Web forums - simple suggestion

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 24 07:28:37 CDT 2006

> Of the problems mentioned at:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/41377
>
> your idea provides a solution for 1, 2, 3 and 4.  That's of course really nice.
> It doesn't have a solution for 7, which is something I think will be missed.

And 5, and 6, and 8.

And at the bottom of the 'subscribe' page for Google groups is a nifty
link that reads:

  New! Get email alerts of messages containing specific keywords.

So I think that 7 is covered as well; you can also click on the
little star to watch a particular topic via the web page.

So the only one not covered imho is 9, the 'sticky' feature.

> But is it good enough?
> It's rather inflexible since we can't change anything if we don't like it..

Perfect is the enemy of good (or something like that, I forget the
exact quote :-/).

Cheers,

Jeremy