HTML e-mails

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 19:57:58 CDT 2006

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> I'm sure that everyone of us really enjoys seeing influx of these
> wonderful HTML messages.
>
> People please don't send HTML e-mails to the mailing lists. Tey are a pain
> to read. And if some one about to say that's not their fault because they
> use gmail - then DON'T use gmail for this mailing list. Or configure it
> so it does not send HTML messages.
>
> Vitaliy

The main problem with using the Gmail web interface to send emails is
that at present there is no way of specifying that a certain address
always gets plain text. So if you have just sent a "Rich
formatted"(HTML) message you have to remember change the setting back
to "Plain text". Seeing as I almost never send "Rich formatted"(HTML)
messages anyway this is not a problem for me.

Sending from gmail....

--

Tony Lambregts