Web forums - simple suggestion

Jonathan Ernst jonathan at ernstfamily.ch
Tue Apr 25 05:01:27 CDT 2006

It seems this mail didn't make it in...

Le mardi 25 avril 2006 à 01:44 +0200, Molle Bestefich a écrit :
> Eric Pouech wrote:
> > my 0.02€ on the longuest thread of the year.
>
> I think we ought to have some sort of a phpBB forum.  That way you
> wouldn't get all this crap in your inbox - you could just selectively
> choose the topics that interest you :-)..

Please tell me how that is different than that:
http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=evolution5xa.jpg

I can choose selectively what I want to read.
I can put a flag near threads that I like to "bookmark"
I don't get any e-mail in my regular mailboxes
I can search through the archives
Well, I don't have
Stickies-like content go in the FAQs/AppDB/Wiki/Docs

Please don't add yet another source of information. People ought to know
how to use a mail client nowadays and most mail clients (even the
dreaded outlook express) can do nntp since ages.

As Jeremy White said before, I agree we could improve the instructions
on http://www.winehq.org/forums. And note that if your computer is
properly configured, a simple one-click on the nntp link on that page
will give your nntp client all the informations needed to access the
newsgroup.

Regards.