KERNEL: [2/2] changed test for FindFirstFileEx (Edited)

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Tue Apr 25 14:07:33 CDT 2006

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Monday, April 24, 2006, 2:23:31 AM, Konstantin Petrov wrote:
>>(Patch edited)
>>There were the problem while I advert to dosdevices through WINE. I made the
>>test (Windows vs Wine), which shows that in Windows there are available
>>dosfiles (such as NUL, COM1, COM2,.., LPT1, ..), and in Wine aren't. The
>>characteristic property of these files is that I can advert to them only
>>directly. In other cases they are invisible.
>>patch for test
>>        tests/file.c: added test of FindFirstFileA to check correct handling
>>advertments to dosdevices.
> May I ask why such complication? Isn't it easier to create all those COM
> LPT, NUL, etc in ~/.wine/dosdevices?
> That seems to be a better way to handle this, because that some-what
> close to how native does it.
I don't the point, as what the patch implement is to make visible, in
every directory, the dos devices' names, and any creation in dosdevices
won't solve this particular point.

Eric Pouech