What do we need from other projects?

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu Apr 27 14:42:20 CDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:35:14PM -0400, Vincent Povirk wrote:
> Windows probably pulls this off by reading relative mouse movement
> directly from the device, but I don't think wine developers want to go
> that route. An X extension would be needed that can detect relative
> mouse movement that does not generate absolute movement.

Well, all (except tablets of course) mouse drivers report relative movements
(even in X11 at the lowest level).

We just need to export this to user-space via the X11 API.

I once started a thread about this on the FD.O lists and people seemed to
agree it would be doable and (if not too ugly) accepted into the X.org tree.
Now we just need to find someone to code it :)

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/