Tahoma font

Marin Glibic zhilla2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 18:26:38 CDT 2006

Louis. Lenders wrote:
> Hi, next week i have quite some (travel) time i have to kill, so i
> thought maybe i could use the time to add tahoma font to wine (needed
> for Steam). I played around a bit with fontforge and a basically i
> think i get how to create fonts, and add them to wine. However, i'm
> not sure what the legal way is to do this; if i import the windows
> Tahoma.TTF into fontforge it seems the .sfd is already generated but
> i guess it's not legal to add that to wine. Anyone could help me
> with a quick (and clear) HOWTO?

well, you know what you should probably do?
http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
nice, gpl fonts with kazillion international chars. some have similar
look. find a way to substitute tahoma with dejavu and youre set.
probably looks much better too.
if not good enough, fork it and make it even more similar :)