What do we need from other projects?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Apr 28 11:57:09 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Jan Zerebecki wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 06:36:09PM +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
>> So I created a Wiki page to keep track of these features we would need
>> from other projects to make Wine better. There are some *BIG* caveats
>> though:
>>
>>  * The page is 'http://wiki.winehq.org/WineWishes'.
>
> What you describe seems to exist already at:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/IntegrationProjects
>
> Or did I miss anyhting?

Indeed there is some overlap, this page mixes two aspects:
  * how to change Wine to better integrate with the rest of the system
  * how to other projects should be modified to help Wine work
better or better integrate with them

Though it is predominently about the first aspect. For instance the
SingleSignOn entry talks about the work done on Wine to improve single
sign-on, not whether or not we need some Samba code relicensed or some
API defined, etc.

Should I just merge the contents of what I have in WineWishes with that
page? Or would it be better to separate those two aspects? If the former
I think it would be nice to at least clearly identify items that require
changes outside of Wine.

                   Dieu dit: "M-x Lumière". Et la lumière fut.