DAZ Studio

Willie Sippel willie at zeitgeistmedia.net
Sat Apr 29 21:30:31 CDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 30. April 2006 04:45 schrieb Andrew Neil Ramage:
> I downloaded this 3D modelling program, but got the following:
>
> andrew at apollo:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/DAZ/Studio> wine DAZStudio.exe
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}
> not registered
> fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
> {4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}, hres is 0x80040154
>
> Any ideas about what is wrong ?  DAZ Studio can be downloaded from
> http://www.daz3d.com/ - it's free.

Some DLL wasn't registered it seems. Can't tell you which one exactly, but
DAZ|Studio used to start just fine in the past. Maybe something with your
Wine or DAZ|Studio installation went wrong?

Keep in mind, though, that DAZ|Studio is one of the applications affected by
Wine bug #2398, as well as another OpenGL regression (X11 BadMatch error),
and therefore completely unusable. It used to work with Wine from about a
year ago, IIRC.

--
Willie Sippel

  ////////  |  Tritium Studios