Summer of Code Project: DirectPlay

Adam Luchjenbroers Adam at
Sun Apr 30 13:00:08 CDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:47, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Adam Luchjenbroers wrote:
> [...]
> > With the way DirectPlay works, we could provide our own provider and a
> > compatible provider if we so wanted (at least, to the extent of my
> > knowledge).
> IMHO we should saves ourselves some work and only do the compatible
> provider since it will be needed anyway.

If it's any sizeable amount of work, true - although I'm investigating using
an existing LGPL network library to implement a provider.

If it turns out to be a relatively simple task, then we can provide it,
partially as an early solution, but the big benefit I see is that we can use
it to test the infrastructure and make sure the rest works while we implement
the DirectPlay provider.

>   * How Samba was written
>     by Andrew Tridgell
>   * Myths About Samba
>     by Andrew Tridgell

Got them printed out, unfortunately ATM I lack a licensed version of Windows
with which to do the sniffing :\

"You can bring any calculator you like to the midterm, as long as it doesn't
dim the lights when you turn it on." - Hepler, Systems Design 182