DDraw, wined3d (d3d8, d3d9) and OpenGL32 in Mac OSX + stack fudging -- x86 only

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sun Apr 30 05:30:43 CDT 2006

What sort of changes have you guys made to the direct3d code?
Some time ago there was a discussion about moving wined3d over to
WGL (opengl32.dll).

It sounded that the changes you made are basicly some hacks. It
might be better to do a wined3d -> wgl move soon. We could
replace all glX calls with WGL calls and link with opengl32.dll.
The disadvantage is that all standard opengl calls will travel
through opengl32.dll which isn't good performance-wise. One way
to solve this is to use GetProcAddress.

In some cases we might need platform specific code in wined3d
because one of the platforms supports a usefull feature which
isn't supported by the others. If this is the case it might be
better to move all GLX / WGL / AGL specific code to
wined3d_agl.c / wined3d_glx.c / wined3d_wgl.c. This would
directly fix the 'linking' issues.

Regards,
Roderick Colenbrander

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!