Wine and Java -- some success!

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 15:09:09 CDT 2006

Ahh, with 0.9.12, we are one step away from using Java!! So far, I have
tried to use a Java-based game that provides it's own JRE in Wine.

It start up fast, and i do mean *fast*, and displays the game's
splash-banner, and draws a quick black all over the screen (which other
X clients remove by repainting their windows). It then decides to crash,
but alas, it did do *something*.

javaw.exe -version gives this:

java version "1.4.0_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_01-b03)

the crash gives just this, and nothing more:

swapper.jar: stack smashing attack in function WAVEMAP_widMessage()
Aborted

--
The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
	-- Linus Torvalds