wine notepad.exe: Segmentation fault

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Tue Aug 1 05:13:52 CDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 10:42:46AM +0100, nlaw at nildram.co.uk wrote:

> >wine-git # notepad
> >Segmentation fault

it is a good thing to uninstall _all_ remaining old wine instances
before installing the new one to make sure, there is nothing left (no
longer used "dlls" might lie around and add a good share of trouble).

another good chance to skrew up: when you build your stuff in the same
directory over and over again from cvs/git/nameit and you have change in
your build environment, then even a ``make depend`` wont help you -
autohell does not check against gcc, CFLAGS, ... -> make clean, then
build from scratch is the only way to fix this.

--
cu