wineconsole: command line option output / default user backend

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Aug 8 10:01:42 CDT 2006

On 8/8/06, Kuba Ober <kuba at mareimbrium.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 August 2006 04:18, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> writes:
> > > also changing the default to user is a bad idea... especially for
> > > users wanting to run a text only win32 app from a linux console
> > > without X started
> >
> > I think that's a very small minority

Breaking text only win32 apps is not an option.

> If anyone needs me to put money where my mouth is, I offer $100 via PayPal if
> someone in charge wants financial coercion to avoid putting in the
> X/graphical/ncurses crap for console applications. I'm dead serious.

I'll see your bet, and raise you $150.  The requirements are:
1) text mode win32 apps should not invoke curses unless they start using
cursor motion
2) text mode win32 apps should not use user unless they dynamically load
user32.dll
3) whatever solution is picked, it should be similar to the one used on
Windows NT/2000/XP
4) wine should be able to run a windows telnet server
that invokes cmd to parse commands without tripping over itself.