wineconsole: command line option output / default user backend

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Tue Aug 8 11:40:25 CDT 2006

> > If anyone needs me to put money where my mouth is, I offer $100 via
> > PayPal if someone in charge wants financial coercion to avoid putting in
> > the X/graphical/ncurses crap for console applications. I'm dead serious.
>
> I'll see your bet, and raise you $150.

Wow, so you're saying that you add $50 to my offer? If that's so -- nice. As
it is, things work for me now, but just in case  someone wanted to break it
(it seems not!), I'd be paying to stop the breakage from getting into a
release. Whitemailing of sorts ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-crime#Anti-crime

> The requirements are:
> 1) text mode win32 apps should not invoke curses unless they start using
> cursor motion

Second that.

> 2) text mode win32 apps should not use user unless they dynamically load
> user32.dll

Yep.

> 3) whatever solution is picked, it should be similar to the one used on
> Windows NT/2000/XP

No clue here.

> 4) wine should be able to run a windows telnet server
> that invokes cmd to parse commands without tripping over itself.

Yes.

Kuba