wineconsole: command line option output / default user backend

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Aug 9 08:52:52 CDT 2006

Ekkehard Morgenstern <ekkehard.morgenstern at onlinehome.de> writes:

> Well, WCMD allows only 2 arguments, for instance. IMNSHO the code is
> effed-up beyond repair, and I would rather rewrite it than expand on
> it.
>
> But I won't bother writing a replacement if it's not desired by the
> WINE community.

wcmd certainly needs a lot of love, and improvements would be
welcome. But it's usually not a good idea to start with the "throw it
away and rewrite" attitude; and to be blunt, I'm not going to accept a
rewrite unless you demonstrate that a) you thorougly understand the
existing code, and b) you can really do better. And the only way to
demonstrate both is by first submitting good patches against the
existing code.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org