All right, let's solve these .desktop issues forever

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Aug 10 01:58:01 CDT 2006

On 8/9/06, Damjan Jovanovic <dj015 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
> > Wine's been making .desktop files for some time,
> > however it seems like they're being put in the wrong place. ...
> Look at the Portland project, they have cross-desktop
> (Gnome, KDE, XFCE) tools for installing .desktop
> files. Maybe we should integrate them into wine?

Jeremy and I were at the meeting where the Portland project
got started [1], and we've been following it off and on with great
interest.   I just posted a question about how xdg-desktop-menu
would work compared to what Wine already does [2], let's see what they say.
- Dan

[1] http://kegel.com/osdl/da05.html
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/portland/2006-August/000806.html