All right, let's solve these .desktop issues forever

Tom Booker speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 11:14:03 CDT 2006

On 8/10/06, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:

> As of right now, I'd estimate that over half of our users are using Wine
> from a terminal window to launch their applications, largely because
> their window manager doesn't put Wine's Start Menu entries into their
> applications menu.

Not only are they doing this because of a lack of shortcuts being created,
but also because 95% of the time (ion my experience anyways), even when
binfmt_misc is enabled, wine doesn't add it's entry to the proper place to
make .exe files run in wine, so when i double click on one, it does
nothing.  Matter of fact, out of all of the times I have installed wine,
under various distro's, I think it has done this properly only ONCE.

Fixing that would make me happy, as I can create the .desktop files myself.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I have
seen yet!

http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_registration.php?userId=1547373