wininet: Support http_proxy environment variable

Tobias Burnus burnus at gmx.de
Thu Aug 10 10:44:21 CDT 2006

Hi,

Augusto Arcoverde da Rocha wrote:
> Hummmm...
>
> Then a better approach would be avoid environment variables, as this
> seems to be a Wine development directive, and use the right format for
> the proxy configuration string.

I disagree. I think it makes sense to support general environment
variables (such as http_proxy, no_proxy, EDITOR, DISPLAY, USER, HOME,
BROWSER, etc.). I do agree that it make sense to keep the number of Wine
specific environment variable low, though.

Currently, my http_proxy is used by wget, lynx, w3m, Firefox (SUSE
build, probably not in mozilla.org's build) and some more.
I thus think it should be also used by Wine.
(I don't know, whether one should also support a registry string to
overwrite $http_proxy.)

Tobias