wininet: Support http_proxy environment variable

Augusto Arcoverde da Rocha agarobr.listas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:00:45 CDT 2006

On 8/11/06, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Augusto Arcoverde da Rocha wrote:
> [...]
> > Yes, it's supported but isn't a standart and has no guaranties to
> > exists on all architectures as Alexander said in a reply in this list
>
> $http_proxy and $ftp_proxy may not be very well documented but they are
> defacto standards and as such it would be good to support them in Wine.

Logicaly is almost impossible to prove the inexistence of something,
however to prove the existence of something, is enough to show a
single occurrence of that thing.

Then I need to ask you where is the documentation for proxy variables
standards to send it to the Subversion community:
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2003-07/1672.shtml

Just kidding ;P

Now, thinking better, I need to agree with those who defend the proxy
environment variables on Wine, is almost a standard and is widely
used. I don't see any good reasons to not support them on Wine.

But, I have read in somewhere a reply from Alexander about avoiding
environment variables. However, I can't find this message again.

Regards,
Augusto Arcoverde da Rocha