resend add missing glyph code to GetGlyphIndices

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Aug 14 04:06:47 CDT 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 06:49:00PM +1000, Jeff Latimer wrote:
> Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> >I'd suggest to move GetTextMetricsW outside of the loop to not kill
> >the performance.
>
> I put it inside the loop as I assumed that  a non existent  glyph would
> be relatively rare and the  call would not happen much.  This seemed
> preferable to doing the call every time the function was called.

This should have gone into a comment right there because it's
a very normal reaction to immediately question code like that,
so the code should properly defend itself by default ;)

IOW just the usual "do coding as obvious as possible, then properly comment
everything else that isn't obvious".

Maybe something like
/* called in a loop, but missing glyph shouldn't happen often
   so we don't want to call it outside the loop, always */

Andreas Mohr