Is anyone going to or presenting at Linuxworld?

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Mon Aug 14 08:18:46 CDT 2006

Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Linuxworldexpo is this week.  Since no one's mentioned it yet, I'm
> assuming that we don't have a booth or speech planned :)
>
> http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO06A
>
> At any rate, perhaps we should be going to things like this.  There's
> usually a convention like this (OSCON, etc) every couple of months, and
> it certainly couldn't hurt to have a Wine evangelist there talking about
> how powerful Wine is getting and why Wine should be considered as a
> bigger part of the Linux strategy.
>
> What do you think?

We'll be there with a booth, and we talk a good deal about Wine
(although we also have an obvious commercial bias).

And, for obvious reasons, IDG wouldn't be cheerful to hear
a request from me for a no cost non profit booth, so I've never
requested a booth just for Wine.

But I think it would be great if others wanted to get together
at these shows to evangelize.  The main piece of advice I would
give you is to plan pretty far ahead; IDG at least likes the
requests in several months in advance (and I believe they are tightening
up the requirements to get a .org booth; I've heard through the
grapevine that they're not quite as generous lately as they once were).

Cheers,

Jeremy