[UPDATE 4] RFC: XEmbed System Tray Patch

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Wed Aug 16 19:21:10 CDT 2006

Attached is the fourth update to my XEmbed system tray patches. For this
version I made some fairly major changes:

1. Did away with the low-level checks for systrays, and instead had the
systray icon windows created off-screen so they aren't mapped, as per
Alexandre's suggestion.

2. systray_dock_window will put the icon windows back on the screen if
there isn't an XEmbed tray to dock with.

3. Eliminated the WS_EX_TRAYWINDOW style hack, and moved the call to
systray_dock_window to X11DRV_CreateWindow. I used the window class name
to see if it was a tray window being created or not.

4. Consolidated all patches into one, as the individual patches weren't
really individual changes. (Thanks to Mike McCormack for this advice.)

As usual, comments/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks again,
James Liggett