LOSTWAGES: Replace references to CVS with Git

EA Durbin ead1234 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 11:36:31 CDT 2006

> > Agreed, CVS is much easier to use in my own opinion,
>
>But in what way it is?  For example I dislike managament of env-variables
>at all.  That's why I didn't like CVS :-p

In the way that the instructions on the wine page just worked, and for
familiarity purposes, git is rather new to me, and alot of linux users are
familiar with CVS.

The cvs tree on the website is easier to navigate than the git tree because
of the way it is layed out.

> > and the packages in the ubuntu repository for git are old and don't
> > function properly at all with the instructions listed on the page,
>
>Well, someone should probably report this to Ubuntu folks.  What is the
>GIT version used now in Ubuntu?

1.0.3 is the latest version in the ubuntu repository, even after
uncommenting all the #deb lines in the apt config file and updating.

When trying to run  git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine or
git clone http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine it says switching to
local storage disk and hangs there and does nothing.

>What else instructions are inadequate on your box?

I don't know what else is inadequate on Ubuntu, I'm in the process of
switching back to gentoo atm and things are still compiling.