re-reading from registry

Christoph Probst chris-usenet at netzpunkt.org
Fri Aug 18 13:41:01 CDT 2006

Hi,

I'm still working on the clamav integration in wine. One question that came up
recently is how to handle configuration changes. I'd like to allow to
configure the virusscanner 'online' without restarting the wineserver or
applications currently running.

As the configuration is stored in the registry I could read all affected
values every time I need them (that means several RegQueryValueExA() calls
for every virusscan). But I found that this costs quite some time and even
seems to cause IE5 to crash (does anyone know or want to know the reason?).

When I save a local copy of my registry values and only update them every x
seconds everything is fine. But is that a recommended way or is there a
better solution to get notified if a registry key has been changed?

If found RegNotifyChangeKeyValue() but I'm not sure if it is the right
approach ...

Cheers
Chris

--
Kontakt-Details: http://www.christoph-probst.com/kontakt/
PGP-FP: B171 7EA4 988C DD90 1601  D21C 5279 2FAF 9978 AF86