LOSTWAGES: Replace references to CVS with Git

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Sun Aug 20 06:45:03 CDT 2006

> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:36:31 -0500
> From: EA Durbin <ead1234 at hotmail.com>
>
> 1.0.3 is the latest version in the ubuntu repository, even after
> uncommenting all the #deb lines in the apt config file and updating.
>
> When trying to run  git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine or
> git clone http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine it says switching to
> local storage disk and hangs there and does nothing.

Are you sure it does nothing?  I see git v1.0.4 on my debian box at work.
Indeed, it is a way less verbose than a git from my home linux box
(v1.3.3), but it still works.  I guess you remember that GIT repository is
near to ~180 MB [*] by its size, so cloning cannot happend immediately.

I just ran git-clone script directly with shell tracing enabled:

 $ sh -x git-clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine

It paused at these lines, v1.0.4:

 defaulting to local storage area
 ++ pwd
 + D=/usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine
 + test -d /usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine
 + cd /usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine
 + git-clone-pack git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git

v1.3.3:

 + D=/usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine
 + trap 'err=$?; cd ..; rm -r "$D"; exit $err' exit
 + case "$bare" in
 + GIT_DIR=/usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine/.git
 + export GIT_DIR
 + git-init-db
 + case "$bare" in
 + GIT_DIR=/usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine/.git
 + test -n ''
 + rm -f /usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine/.git/CLONE_HEAD
 + case "$local,$use_local" in
 + case "$repo" in
 + cd /usr/src/wine-git/temp/wine
 + case "$upload_pack" in
 + git-fetch-pack --all -k git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git
    0.445MB  (46 kB/s)

So, I guess you are observing normal behaviour.

[*] ~100 MB is for repository internals (.git) and ~80 MB is occupied by
    the extracted source (dlls, fonts, include, ...)