Fwd: RFC: OpenGL x11drv rewrite (WoW fix)

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Mon Aug 21 06:46:16 CDT 2006

> In case of non-Nvidia users the indirect rendering
> > > context which shouldn't be needed for pbuffers is very bad, as most
> > drivers
> > > don't accelerate indirect rendering yet. The glxpixmap code should be
> > > rewritten using pbuffers or perhaps there's a different way.
> >
> > what about a flag for specifics glxpixmaps ?
>
> You mean an X flag? I have been thinking about setting some flag for DCs
> to which a pbuffer is associated. I'm not sure if I'm correct but from what
> I saw some WGL extension needs to be called to receive a DC for a pbuffer.
> If we could set a pbuffer flag in there and retrieve it in wglMakeCurrent
> it would work. I fear that this can only be done in a clean way if it code
> would be in x11drv :(

An evil way would be to not call SetPixelFormat from wglGetPbufferDCARB. When this isn't called the pixel format is set to 0. A call to GetPixelFormat will nicely return 0. A check to see if the pixel format is 0 could be used as a hack to distinguish between a pixmap and a pbuffer in case OBJ_MEMDC is set.

Roderick