Fwd: RFC: OpenGL x11drv rewrite (WoW fix)

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Aug 22 06:08:07 CDT 2006

> I did that, I created a new field in the PDEVICE structure and used two
> new ExtEscape codes (SET_FLAGS/GET_FLAGS), but Alexandre doesn't want to
> add new ExtEscape codes..
> That's why I hacked even more on wine and moved the wgl implementation
> to x11drv... and there they are, my old patches. I never bothered
> updating them though.
>
> tom

We don't need very big changes. Basicly all code can be moved to x11drv. Then basicly we want access to our wglGetProcAddress function to get access to our wgl functions. We can dynamicly load those from opengl32 that way. All wgl functions in opengl32 can be stubs.I think this is the right way to do it. It works a bit more like a real ICD this way aswell. I believe that in case of a real ICD some ExtEscape-like call is used to retrieve a table with all exported opengl functions from an icd driver. It then does something similar to a GetProcAdress. The difference would be that we don't transfer the whole table but only a function to retrieve function calls.

Roderick