Keyboard freeze - Max Payne

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Wed Aug 23 13:50:49 CDT 2006

Just going through my list of issues I'd like resolved, and discovered
this bug/regression.

In Max Payne 1 / Max Payne 2 it seems the game freezes up for a few
seconds when you hold down any key in the game. For example using 'W' to
move forward, hold it down you take like 1 step and it freezes up.
Letting go and waiting a few seconds gets the game back to normal. As
you can imagine, this makes it unplayable.

Before I go and enter this as a bug, I was wondering if anyone knows
about this and/or has a fix.