Regression with 'explorer' starting automatically by 'Process Explorer'

James Liggett jrliggett at
Wed Aug 23 15:04:50 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 20:39 +0200, Paul Vriens wrote:
> Hi,
> normally when I start Process Explorer it automatically launches the
> 'explorer' process.
> With the latest git 'explorer' crashes. Regression testing showed that
> this is most likely due to the XEmbed patch:
Update: I've done some quick testing and it seems that if i move the
systray_dock_window call to X11DRV_CreateWindow, things work fine. It
appears that it isn't safe to call SetWindowPos on a window that hasn't
been fully created yet, as is the case with the patch in git right now.
But I'm not sure if this is a correct solution...