FEAR Combat

EA Durbin ead1234 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:04:01 CDT 2006

I've found an informative blog on these .dlls. This guy wrote a mini
installer for them, I don't know about the legality of it...

http://inky.50megs.com/blogs/2005/10/directx-updates-dll-hell-revisited.htm

these aren't included in the standard direct3d package. These .dlls
d3dx9_x.dll's  come in the direct x redistributable package for software
developers?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9226A611-62FE-4F61-ABA1-914185249413&displaylang=en
http://www.support.microsoft.com/kb/910813/en-us?spid=9973&sid=1514

Also I've read that managed directx .dlls are supposed to be installed in
the global assembly cache folder (C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC), but wine doesn't
implement assemblies yet  (Sxs.dll) as outlined in bug 5965.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sbscs/setup/side-by-side_assembly_api.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/installation_of_win32_assemblies.asp