FEAR Combat

EA Durbin ead1234 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:04:01 CDT 2006

I've found an informative blog on these .dlls. This guy wrote a mini
installer for them, I don't know about the legality of it...

these aren't included in the standard direct3d package. These .dlls
d3dx9_x.dll's  come in the direct x redistributable package for software

Also I've read that managed directx .dlls are supposed to be installed in
the global assembly cache folder (C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC), but wine doesn't
implement assemblies yet  (Sxs.dll) as outlined in bug 5965.