Bugzilla statistics: whole lotta fixing going on!

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 19:50:10 CDT 2006

On 8/25/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Here are some bug stats, first for Wine as a whole, then for a couple
> subsystems:

I used the bugzilla query that basically said: (resolution == FIXED &&
resolution changed to FIXED && resolution changed after 200x &&
resolution changed before 200x+1)

2002: 182
2003: 280
2004: 270
2005: 775
2006: 615

We have four months left in the year and we're only 160 bugs away from
equaling 2005's bug fix count.  We're averaging ~2.5 bugs fixed a day,
so if this trend continues, we should end the year with 916 bugs
fixed.  That's 301 bugs in four months, which fits well with the trend
of ~300 bugs per season in 2006.  We should really generate these
stats on the fly, as well as patch and commit count, and display these
on winehq, because these are numbers to be proud of.  Keep up the
great work guys, and let's fix these bugs!

--
James Hawkins