Patch not applied.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Aug 28 08:14:33 CDT 2006

(Oddly, the message I'm replying to right now isn't in the archives yet;
maybe it got stuck on the way to winehq.)

On 8/27/06, Renu Rajput <renu.rajput at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried submitting a patch to wine-patches 3 times(as per feedback from
> Wine group), but it has not been applied yet.

1. Your message was sent as HTML mail.  Please send it as plaintext.
(In gmail, just click "Plain Text" on the compose window.)

2. The patch you sent was corrupt; something mangled the indentation.
This usually happens when you try to copy and paste the patch.
The safest way to go for you is probably to generate the patch with
  git diff > ~/my.patch
then attach my.patch to your message, and not include a second copy
inline.
This is what Alexandre was talking about in the message
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=wine-devel&m=115635068731504&w=2
When you reposted after that, you did get rid of one of the two
copies (good) but the remaining copy was corrupt (bad).

3. To make sure your patch is not corrupt, verify that your message in the
archives can be applied as a patch.
To check this yourself, try to apply your message as a patch using the
program 'patch', e.g. in gmail, do Show Original, File / Save; or go
to the archive, e.g.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=wine-patches&m=115643527030192&w=2
and click on the "download message raw" link.  Then try applying
the patch to a clean wine tree using the 'patch' program
(see http://kegel.com/academy/opensource.html#patches.using ).

Here's what happens when I try that now:

~/wine-git$ patch -p1 < ../renu.patch
patching file dlls/comdlg32/filedlg.c
patch: **** malformed patch at line 40: IPersistFolder2_Release(ppf2);

- Dan