missing link??

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Aug 28 14:30:53 CDT 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 05:00:45PM +0200, Sabine Rode wrote:
> Hallo, my tough guys,
> it seems to be an miising link??
> I am newbie at ubuntu 6.06 instaöllled with the amd64 kernel
> whenn i add my /etc/apt/sources.list with the both links
>
> deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt dapper main
> and
>
> deb-src http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt dapper main
>
> i gwet both 404 errors.
>
> what is wrong?
> your link or my issue?
>
> best regards
>
> sabine
> germany

64bit support by Wine has been troublesome at least relatively
recently (Wine, being used to run 32bit apps, additionally needs
32bit system libraries installed on the system and needs to be run
in a chroot).

Due to this possibly WineHQ simply doesn't offer Wine packages
for a 64bit system - yet fails to do this properly :-P

Please see also http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit or Google searches
to find more info about current 64bit support status.
(sorry, I'm not up-to-date any more on all matters of current Wine
development due to working on other projects now).

What's the exact status of 64bit support, anyone? [CC'd wd]

Andreas Mohr