[wintrust] Add some documentation

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 12:06:11 CDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 09:38 -0700, James Hawkins wrote:
> > On 8/29/06, Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I thought I'd start with some documentation. The tests are already
> > > there so what's missing is the implementation :-).
> > >

> > >  /***********************************************************************
> > >   *             WintrustAddActionID (WINTRUST.@)
> > > + *
> > > + * Add a Trust provider. Or actually the functions it performs.
> > > + *
> >
> > Can you rewrite this sentence?  It's not grammatically correct, and I
> > don't understand what you're saying.
> >
> Hi,
>
> something like this:
>
>  * Add a Trust provider. Part of the Trust provider is the definition of
>  * the actions it can perform. WintrustAddActionID add these definitions
>  * to the registry.

I wouldn't describe the Trust provider concept in an API
documentation, we only need to document what action the function
performs.  Something along these lines would work:

"Add a Trust provider and the definition of the actions it can perform
to the registry."

I'm not familiar enough with wintrust to make this clear, but you get the idea.

--
James Hawkins