Concerning the separate OpenAL32.dll thunk patch and OpenALwinmm driver patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Dec 1 06:49:52 CST 2006

"Nick Burns" <adger44 at> writes:

> Again -- for the sound drivers -- Mac OSX has ONE sound driver ONE
> I would like to have a choice.

Why?  What does it do that you cannot do with the CoreAudio driver?

> Yes my wineopenal patch is not perfect (based on broken code does not
> help) -- I know that -- but thats why i want to get it into wine -- so
> other people who know more about audio can add to it and make it
> better

Judging from past experience, people for whom it doesn't work right
will simply go out and implement yet another driver, with yet another
set of bugs...

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at