Call for DirectPlay captures

Kai Blin kai.blin at
Mon Dec 4 11:12:08 CST 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 22:39, Kai Blin wrote:

> Here's what I would like you to do (if you want to help out):
> Fire up a network sniffer that dumps to libpcap format. Grab TCP and UDP
> packets.
> Start a game that uses DirectPlay for networking and start a network game.
> Start the game on another box and connect to the game. Now, in the game
> lobby, use the chat to say something from both games. Then, change a
> setting or two and start the game. After a few moments of playing (or more,
> your pick), leave the game. After both games are closed, you can stop the
> capture, zip it up and send it to me.

I'll pay the person who gets me a complete Settlers3 trace a beer at the next
Wineconf. I didn't manage to join a game there, but even when just trying to
join, I found a packet type my dissector didn't have. Should be
interesting. :)

Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer
Wine developer
Will code for cotton.