James Hawkins : msi: Add tests for installing from continuouscabinets.

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 22:29:30 CST 2006

On 12/4/06, Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> "Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at wine.codeweavers.com> wrote:
>
> > Module: wine
> > Branch: master
> > Commit: 1f3f88bf67d32983ff00d96bf58bf91c6e72ae02
> >
> > Author: James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>
> > Date:   Mon Oct 23 18:15:28 2006 -0700
> >
> > msi: Add tests for installing from continuous cabinets.
>
> According to http://test.winehq.org/data/200612021000/ this test
> fails under all NT based platforms. I've ran it under XP SP2 and
> got the following error messages:
>
> install.c:864: Test failed: Expected ERROR_SUCCESS, got 1603
> install.c:869: Test failed: File not installed
> install.c:870: Test failed: File not installed
> install.c:871: Test failed: File not installed
> install.c:873: Test failed: File not installed
> install: 1147 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 5 failures.
>
> and a bunch of .log files in the TEMP directory with the following
> contents:
>
> Error 1334. The file 'maximus' cannot be installed because the file cannot be
> found in cabinet file 'test1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error
> reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
>
> Error 1334. The file 'augustus' cannot be installed because the file cannot be
> found in cabinet file 'test1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error
> reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
>
> So, either the test is not entirely correct, or just the .cab files it creates
> are corrupted.

The tests fail in Windows because part of the cab creation function is
#if defined out.  Cabinet compression is not implemented in Wine's
cabinet.dll, so when the function is not #if defined out, hundreds of
cab files are created (which isn't correct) instead of the correct
number of cab files with the correct files in each cab.

--
James Hawkins