Putting my hand up for WWN

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 09:48:04 CST 2006

On 12/4/06, Edward Savage <epssyis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm prepared to write the WWN releases in Brian Vincent seeming absence if
> it pleases the powers that be.

It pleases the powers that be.

Things have been a little out of control here for the past few months.
 I've had intentions of it.. I swear.. I shouldn't delude myself into
thinking it'll get done any time in the next few months.  Especially
since my priority at this point has been on another writing project.

Here's some random thoughts:

1.  Write about topics you find interesting.
2.  Having 4 topics weekly is better than 8 topics every two weeks.
3.  Look at the XML file to see the syntax.  It's the same syntax
shared with Kernel Traffic and I'd recommend submitting those to Zack
Brown for inclusion there.  (I'll email you offline with his address.)
4.  Use an XML checker to check the XML before sending it in.  I'd
recommend tidy first followed by xmllint.
5.  The best day of the week to publish an issue is a Friday.  Most
threads on Wine-devel start and end between Monday - Thursday.
6.  At some point I'll probably want to get back into it, but the
structure of WWN lends itself to be easily decentralized.
7.  If you want to email me the first few issues you write, I can put
them up.  Or send them to wine-patches, but that might take longer to
get put up.  Eventually we should make a CVS log in for you.

-Brian