Jeremy White jwhite at
Sun Dec 10 09:11:57 CST 2006

Jer has been struggling with just that question for the past
few weeks.

It seems as though something has changed that is causing Apache
to run amuck; apache processes start chewing inordinate amounts of RAM,
which was bringing the box down frequently.

Last I knew, he had it down to a suspected patch, and was disabling that
patch (and I think it was helping, but I'm not sure).

I see from the logs that apache has just crashed, and was behaving
erratically right before that.  I've gone ahead and restarted it in
an effort to let Jer relax on a Sunday morning.