Wine HQ server.

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Dec 12 03:04:52 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 19:27 -0700, Brian Vincent wrote:
> > I don't know; that strikes me as overkill.  We do have rack space
> > for more servers, so we certainly could drop more in; if someone
> > wants to buy 1U servers, we can put those in.
>
> Looking at the traffic reports, it seems like the WineHQ server is
> serving A LOT more than it ever has.  We're at 300GB a month compared
> to 200GB a year ago at this time.  And I seem to recall a year before
> that we were a lot lower.  The only thing that looks simple to offload
> is the Changelog, which accounts for 16GB of traffic a month.

Once again, I'd like to offer up the server we already have hosted by
budgetdedicated.com.  Currently it just hosts the Ubuntu APT repository,
but it's quite capable of doing a LOT more.

In November, it served up 1.5 TB of data, at a rate maxing out around
3mb per second on release days.

I've already asked, and they have no problem with us offloading some of
our meager site onto it :)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie