Wine HQ server.

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at
Tue Dec 12 12:11:16 CST 2006

On 12/12/06, Scott Ritchie <scott at> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 19:27 -0700, Brian Vincent wrote:
> > > I don't know; that strikes me as overkill.  We do have rack space
> > > for more servers, so we certainly could drop more in; if someone
> > > wants to buy 1U servers, we can put those in.
> >
> > Looking at the traffic reports, it seems like the WineHQ server is
> > serving A LOT more than it ever has.  We're at 300GB a month compared
> > to 200GB a year ago at this time.  And I seem to recall a year before
> > that we were a lot lower.  The only thing that looks simple to offload
> > is the Changelog, which accounts for 16GB of traffic a month.
> >
> Once again, I'd like to offer up the server we already have hosted by
>  Currently it just hosts the Ubuntu APT repository,
> but it's quite capable of doing a LOT more.
> In November, it served up 1.5 TB of data, at a rate maxing out around
> 3mb per second on release days.
> I've already asked, and they have no problem with us offloading some of
> our meager site onto it :)
> Thanks,
> Scott Ritchie
The main site uses php a lot, is that available?

Having our main site ( (mirrored or hosted) at a
separate site poses a problem of what to do for the mail archives  IE: (not that I find them
as useful as before) I think that we could address this issue if
changed the hosting of the archive to be (or
something similar) like we do with git and cvs.

I would like to see mirrored solution myself where we have two (or
more) sites that respond to and this seems to be an
opportunity to do it.

Tony Lambregts