[1/2] tests: Add skip_wine, a standard way to skip tests that
would cause Wine to crash.
fgouget at free.fr
Thu Dec 14 07:13:17 CST 2006
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> It's not really better with skip_wine; since the test will never be
> run on Wine it's useless for regression testing, and we won't even
> notice when the bug gets fixed.
I see some advantages though:
* the code exists rather than not being written in the first place
* it is compiled, which is better than putting it inside an '#if 0'
* 'skip_wine' clearly indicates that the test needs to be fixed in
Wine, which a basic '#if 0' or 'if (0)' does not do
* the test statistics will clearly indicate that one of the tests fails
in Wine, rather than show that every test succeeds
* the test will be run on Windows
> If the test doesn't crash on Windows, the right way is to fix Wine to
> not crash either, that's usually not too hard (making the test succeed
> may be harder, but that's why we have todo_wine).
I found quite a few other places in our tests where we could use
skip_wine(), but I am really not sure fixing the crashes is alway that
simple. See for instance dlls/winmm/tests/wave.c or
Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> http://fgouget.free.fr/
You can have my guns when you pry them from my kids cold, dead hands.
More information about the wine-devel