Running winetest on Vista

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 12:39:12 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 00:12 +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Paul Vriens" <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > While investigating that (several hours up to now) I found (not 100%
> > sure though) that if an executable (like our setupapi_test.exe) has the
> > word setup in it and is not properly signed, Vista starts
> > complaining !!!
> >
> > Just copying our setupapi_test.exe to paul.exe makes it possible to run
> > 'paul.exe --list'.
> >
> > Any ideas about the latter?
>
> Does it help if you rename it to test_setupapi.exe?

No :-( As soon as setup is contained in the name it doesn't run. The
link that Kevin showed makes sense now.

Any idea how we can approach this? Do we indeed need to start adding
manifests to some of our tests? I'm afraid this is not the only thing
we're going to run into. IE7 and Vista already show some major changes
in things like advpack/crypt32/wintrust.

Cheers,

Paul.