Status of wine development

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Dec 19 07:25:58 CST 2006

On 19 déc. 06, at 00:51, Kai Blin wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 December 2006 00:27, Remco wrote:
>> So, what's the status/news of DX10? DX in general? the Mac-port?
>> Wine 1.0?
>> What's the status of anything else that has been a major thing
>> last year?
>
> As I don't own an Intel Mac, I can't tell you much about the Mac
> port. It
> should work ok in X, the quartz driver is still pretty stubbed out
> for all I
> know (correct me if I'm wrong).

Kay, you're right, the quartz driver is stubbed out, and will
probably stay as is until the graphics drivers' factorization in
user32 is completed, or sufficiently advanced :( The winex11 -> user
move tends to be really tricky as we could break many things for x11
platforms with those modifications. We also need to do that in a way
that is acceptable for Alexandre. Which means, I think, not to
reproduce the past errors (like extensive inter-calls between user32
and x11drv)  in the x11drv architecture, that Alexandre had been
fixing during last x11drv rewrite.

Pierre.