WineLib porting project for small Windows application

Eric Rhodes eric.rhodes at schmap.com
Fri Dec 22 14:34:26 CST 2006

Hi Wine developers,

My name is Eric Rhodes and I work for Schmap, Inc. (www.schmap.com).

I'm posting this message to find out if any of you would be
interested in working with us on a Mac "porting" project for a small
Windows application (using Wine). A full project description is set
forth below.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 919-246-0186 (or via email
at <mailto:eric.rhodes at schmap.com>eric.rhodes at schmap.com) if you are
interested in this project, or if you would like to refer someone
else that might be.

Thanks and happy holidays,

Eric Rhodes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Our Company
Schmap is a media and technology company with a focus on developing
client and server based consumer mapping solutions with a geospatial
twist - see www.schmap.com.

The Project
We are seeking a senior engineer with strong C++ (preferably MS C++)
to assist us with a self-contained WineLib porting project, working
alongside two engineers who helped develop the Windows application to
be ported. Mac programming experience is desired but not absolutely necessary.

Specific Responsibilities
Initial consultation and project setup; project planning (liasing
with the CTO to develop a plan for the port); general code porting
(outside of the consultancy role, you'll also be expected to get your
hands dirty with some coding once the port gets underway); reporting
on progress to the CTO.

Duration
Initial 4 to 8 week contract, with potential for extension depending
on how the work progresses.

Location
One week onsite in Beijing, China required (beginning mid January
2007); remainder offsite. Must be eligible for Chinese visa.

In addition to the fees for this project, we will fly you to Beijing
and put you up in comfortable accommodations at our expense.