comctl monthcalendar help

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sat Dec 23 12:02:07 CST 2006

Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to fix  visual bug  in comctl monthcalendar control.
> When I am using the control spy v2.0 for comctl5.0, I can see that
> current date is highled with grey background on windows xp. (similar
> to when we click a day in the calendar)
> But on wine its not happening.
> I am trying to find out, how we draw that highlighting.
> And also how we draw the default calendar.

In general, drawing is done by the function "Paint"; in the case of the
monthcal, by MONTHCAL_Paint. The default date is set in MONTHCAL_Create,
with the call
GetLocalTime(&infoPtr->todaysDate);
The decoration of the day, including highlighting, is done in
MONTHCAL_DrawDay. The highlighting would be the calls
     hbr = GetSysColorBrush(COLOR_GRAYTEXT);
     hrgn = CreateEllipticRgn(r.left, r.top, r.right, r.bottom);
     FillRgn(hdc, hrgn, hbr);