winex11.drv: Only try to initialize OpenGL if the display has the GLX extension.

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sun Dec 24 08:17:45 CST 2006

I have played a bit with Mesa and it indeed works fine without the GLX extension (just a software renderer ofcourse). I know what error you are seeing for instance the nvidia drivers output it when GLX isn't present. It really depends just on the opengl implementation. Perhaps the right thing to do is to 'test' the OpenGL implementation by making a GLX call like glXQueryVersion or whatever. Errors can be caught using a X11DRV_expect_error. I fear that something like this is the only way.

Roderick